This Privacy Notice sets out how “Zam Zam Travels Ltd”, registered at 524 Coventry Road, Birmingham B10 0UN, and incorporated in the United Kingdom, protects the privacy of your personal information.
Why do we collect this information?
Being a travel agency, we need some of your information to reserve your rooms in Makkah and Madinah & other worldwide destinations. To manage your flights for Hajj, Umrah and other worldwide destinations, we also need the following information during the relationship.
- Personal and contact details, such as title, full name, contact details (address, telephone and email address)
- Passport number, date of birth and nationality – if required by the respective airline
- Payment information: card number, security number, expiration date and cardholder name
- Frequent flyer numbers, car rental programme and hotel room preferences (if applicable)
- Dietary requirements and health issues (if any) relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service provider(s) (e.g. accommodation or tour providers).
- Information provided by filling forms on our website & our PDF booking forms – e.g. email address, where you heard about us and your travel preferences. This information will be used to keep you up to date with all our latest offers and products
- Call recordings – calls may be recorded for quality control and staff training
- Social media – by interacting with the social media features on our website (Facebook, Twitter or Instagram) you will be bound by the privacy policies of the respective social media companies
- The IP address and cookies – When you access our website our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address
How will we collect this information?
We collect the information as mentioned earlier from the following sources:
- The information generated about you when you purchase or make enquiries, regarding a travel arrangement; via the phone, email or website
- When you subscribe to receive marketing from us (e.g. e-newsletters)
- When you speak to our customer services team
- When you enter competitions or register for promotions
We may need to collect your personal information from the third party. In a situation where someone else is making reservations on your behalf, or you are making reserving a package for someone.
In any case, we will rely on the authority of the person making the travel booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the reservation. It is agreed, you have obtained the consent of the other person for us to collect, use and disclose the other person’s personal information per this notice.
What do we use your personal data for and what is the lawful basis for doing so?
- To perform our duties as a travel agent. The consequences of not providing this information are that we will be unable to complete your booking.
- Personal and contact details are used to complete the travel bookings you make on our site. Similarly, payment information, passport numbers, date of birth, frequent flyer numbers and dietary requirements.
3.2 Legitimate interest
- For direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to offer you relevant products and services, including deciding whether to provide you with certain products and service.
- Your information may also be utilised for broader reasons, such as: to provide you with travel confirmation and updates on your itinerary, to manage your booking and to allow us to contact you for customer service.
- We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing activities; about special offers, new products or competitions. These may include emails, text messages and data messages. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
3.3 With your consent
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters, your personal information may be used, with your explicit permission, to send you relevant promotional fares.
With whom do we share your personal data?
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Primary suppliers: airlines, hotels, tour operators, transfer providers, car rental and ziyarat providers who fulfil your travel reservation
- An individual making a third-party reservation, on your behalf
- Third parties who provide services on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics and fraud prevention
- As required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations
For how long do we keep your personal data on file?
- We retain Personal Data as long as is necessary, for the purpose initially obtained
- To protect us against any contractual claims, generally for six years
- We keep records in line with legal and regulatory requirements/guidance
Below is a list of the rights that you have regarding the personal information that we process. You have the right to:
- Confirm with us that we are processing your data
- Request access to the personal data we hold
- Have data amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we delete your information if there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- Request that we remove your consent
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us on [email protected] providing details of your request.
If you are dissatisfied with our data processing activities, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
When you visit our website, use any of our mobile applications or open communications from us, our servers may record data regarding your device and the network you are using to connect with us, including your IP address.
We collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal data. For example, to monitor the device, browser utilised and geographic locations from where customers and visitors navigate our site.
Tracking technologies (Cookies)
In addition to the first-party cookies mentioned above, we may use anonymised third-party web analytics services on our websites and mobile apps, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, to help us analyse how visitors use our websites and apps.
Visiting our website from outside the United Kingdom
In case you visit/browse our website from outside the United Kingdom, kindly be alerted that your data may be transferred to/stored in/and processed in the UK.
The preservation/protection of the data/information and other laws of the United Kingdom and other countries that your data may be transmitted to may not be as all-inclusive as those in your country but be assured that we take all the necessary steps to guarantee that your privacy is maintained and protected.
By using our features/services, you authorise and fully understand that your information could be transmitted to our facilities and other third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Change of Ownership
In the unlikely event that we are subject to merge with another company or change of ownership, we may share information with them (by international privacy standards).
We will require that the new organisation will follow this privacy notice to respect any personal information given.
If we handle your personal information for any reason not included in this policy, you will receive a notification before the processing of this information for the new purposes.
Zam Zam Travel Ltd, 524 Coventry Road, Small Heath, Birmingham B10 0UN.
Tel: +44 (0) 121 773 5101.
Company Registered Office
Zam Zam Travels Ltd is incorporated in England and Wales under the Companies Act 1985. Our registered company number is 05257204. Our registered office address is:
- 524 Coventry Road
Birmingham B10 0UN